Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD Rom problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovas

Technical User
Aug 6, 2002
US
I was intalling some software, put in the cd, it was installing just fine until for some reason the cd rom ejected without the cd. I got the error saying "Error reading from Cd" I aborted the installation and rebooted the pc. The cd was left inside. I tried to access the cd but it kept saying the device is not accessable. I put in another cd and tried it and it works just fine. The problem is that I need to install the software that was on that cd or atleast to remove the cd. Does anyone have any suggestions? I sure hope i wont have to take the pc apart and remove it manually.

I'm unclear how I put in another cd and tried it if you can't remove the one that's in there? It sounds like you have a defective cd.

thanks for the reply, but i got it removed with a paperclip, it was stuck in there somehow ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back