Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD-ROM/DVD ROMVDRIVE PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

nataraj48

Technical User
Mar 29, 2002
US
I upgraded my OS from Windows 98-SE to Windows XP recently.
The cd/dvd players (came as a package initially with pc) whioh used to work with Windows 98-SE do not work with Windows XP. I am asked to upgrade the dvd decoder for the dvd each time I log on. Is it necessary? Is this decoder meant to work with the Windows Media Player 10?c There is a $14.99 fee to download the decoder installation package. Is there an alternative to using Windows Media Player?

Since you upgraded, there's probably software you had installed under 98 that's not fully compatible with XP. Roxio (Adaptec CD Creator) and early versions of Nero come to mind.

Here's a couple articles to look at:

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back