Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD rom drive letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldfishflake

Technical User
Jun 14, 2002
US
How do I determine the cd rom drive letter when I want to install an update from CD?
Thanks

The CDROM doesn't have a Drive Letter, unless you are using DOS CDROM Drivers, which is definitely NOT recommended!

First, make sure that you are not loading any CDROM drivers in your AUTOEXEC.BAT at the DOS level. Once this has been confirmed, if you type CDROM at the Server Console prompt, the Server will load all of the necessary files pertaining to CDROM Support.

Once all of the drivers are loaded, type CD DEVICE LIST to determine what the CDROM Device number is. Next, to mount the CDROM, type CD MOUNT <CDROM Device Number>.

Good Luck!

Don't forget:

LOAD CDROM

on NetWare 4.x -----------------------------------------------------
&quot;It's true, its damn true!&quot;
-----------------------------------------------------

Wow, knew it was going to be complicated. No wonder professionals that keep servers running get paid so much!
Thanks

Yeah, we just make it look easy !!! ;) -----------------------------------------------------

And you are all so humble, too. @=) Kinda makes the rest of us look bad. ;=)

Catadmin - New to Server Admin, but willing to learn... All help is appreciated.

Well, I have been using NetWare in various forms for over 11 years now. You kinda build up a lot of knowledge in that time.

In fact, I do forget some stuff from time to time so I guess I need a memory upgrade or something (the latest Service Pack did not help) :) -----------------------------------------------------

I only recently started getting into the nuts and bolts of NW and server hardware. I have been admin, but not trying to do updates, etc. Now I am to the point of having to keep the network working, and doing upgrades, and we have a problem with routers and we have added t1 lines, and so on! I am learning, hopefully fast enough to keep up with it all... Actually, I am a cook who likes to play with the 'puters! Any suggestions on where to look for advice on router problems? Thanks, as always *don't know what I would do without you - all!* Sherry

Post any issues here, we'll try and help. -----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back