Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cd-Rom always detects an audio cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImASig

Technical User
Jul 24, 2000
US
I just upgraded my computer to a 550MHZ machine.  I went ahead and reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows 98.  Everything worked fine at first but when I installed the new driver for the motherboard IDE controllers my cd-rom detects every cd as an audio.  I don't want to go back to the old IDE controller drivers because it causes my primary hard drive controller to run in ms-dos compatibility mode and not the optimal performance mode.  Can anyone help?

You could try disabling autoinsert notification.<br><br>start/settings/controlpanel/system/device manager/cd-rom properties. I believe that is the correct path as I am not at a win98 machine to verify the settings. <p>Troy Williams B.Eng.<br><a href=mailto:fenris@hotmail.com>fenris@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I just installed a CD-RW drive, and now can't get audio CD's to play. Application CD's run fine. The software is Adaptec. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back