Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD-R/RW stops at 99% and doesn't close session

Status
Not open for further replies.

taliesun

Technical User
Aug 24, 2000
US
For some reason, my new Gateway, doesn't like to record audio CDs. I am using Easy CD Creator, and have tried reinstalling the software. Are there any other options on software, or do i need an upgraded driver for the CD-R/RW?

Are you sure you are in the audio recording section of the program? What exactly are you doing from starting up the program to going to record a song, these steps that you go through will be helpful to us in diagnosing your problem.

What version of adaptec are you using? ARe you just copying an audio cd, burning wav files or mp3s?

Try lowering the burn speed to the minimum.

I work for a computer company and we are currently researching a similar issue. We have tested both Ez-Cd Creator 3.5c & 4.02d with the same issue occuring in Windows 9x and NT4. However, in W2K the burn would complete if we lowered the rate to 4x.

We are using the LG (Lucky Goldstar) 8080b CD-RW drive.

Does this only occur with audio or does it happen with data as well?

It may have something to do with the Adaptec ASPI drivers reacting to your CD-ROM type. Check to make sure they are inter-compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back