Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD Drive Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanishfleee

Technical User
Jun 1, 2005
GB
Recently i tried swaping over an old cd drive for a DVD drive when I tuned computer on it couldnt find it. so i turned it of and checked the wires unpuged them and put them back in still it didnt read on the computer. so i gave up and put the cd drive back in and it now couldn't see the cd drive so now i cant use cds or DVDs. If anyone could help it would be great thanks.

First, check that the IDE cable is on right - stripe is toward power plug. Next, check that master/slave jumpers are on correctly. Last chance, reset BIOS jumper.

I dont thinks its the IDE cable i have use two and both dont work, i will check the power soon.

Don't forget to check all IDE's are set to "auto detect" in the bios.
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Make sure that the jumpers are set correctly. Cable select works sometimes but a lot of the time you need to be specific. If it's on the master position on the cable, make sure the jumpers are set to master or vice versa with slave. Not having the correct jumper settings can sometimes cause the drive not to show up.

Hola,

check out this aswell...

faq602-5358

Ben

If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back