Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD burnner 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDaveM

Vendor
Feb 12, 2002
US
I have a client who has a Creative CD RW and has it installed with Adaptec CD Creator. I can get it to reconize the CD RW, but when he tries to use it the program says it is locked. They are using W2K Pro. I have downloaded the latest drivers from Roxio. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Dave

i have two suggestions.

poo head is right, having admin rights to the program and the burner are essential. With that out of the way...

the other thing is a file called winaspi32.dll. go to adaptec.com and dowload the latest version of this file. if you are still having problems, it is because roxio did not optimize ezcd5 for win2k or xp. they have just recently become compatible (in the last few months).

if it still doesn't work i'd suggest getting a different buring program. i really like nero burning rom, and demo versions are free. you may find this at
hope this helps

The have admin rights, also they are using ECDC 4.Nero will not work with another program on their system.
Thanks,
Dave

Some more machine info would help...CPU, RAM, motherboard, Where are the devices connected? If your unsure....Dont do it!

Adaptec (now roxio)version 4 is not compatible with W2K.Uninstall adaptec. Then re-install do NOT allow a reboot after the new install then apply the updates from Roxio and when it is complete allow the reboot.

futuretech,
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Also, to all the others who aided me, it is now working.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back