Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD Burning issue....weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

teqmod

Technical User
Sep 13, 2004
US
I put in a writable CD, format it as Vista requests, burn files to the disc and finalize the session. Once I eject the disc I put it back in the same machine and the files are not there and I am prompted to format again. It also only shows some of the space on the CD (the previous burning used up the rest). You can see where the disc was written to as well. If I take an identical CD and place it in an identical system (Dell D630) that runs XP instead of Vista it works just fine.

Any ideas?

Have you tried it with a different brand of CD, or even a different color of CD?

Do you have a problem if you expand the formatting options and choose a different formatting option?

Type these headings into the Vista Help and Support program's search box.

Which CD or DVD format should I use?

Format a CD or DVD

Before you click Start to format the disk check the File system. By default it should be UDF 2.01, if not you'll need to knock it down to that.

So, right click on the disk, click Format then select the UDF 2.1 file system. If that doesn't work try the 1.5 file system.

Cheers
Rob

The answer is always "PEBKAC!

Are you sure the disk is finalized? Sounds like you are creating a multi-session disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back