Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD Burner stops working under 9.2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadLily

Technical User
Apr 5, 2003
US
I've got a Que! Drive connected to an iMac G3. It came with Toast 3.8 USB, which is as high as Adaptec ever supported Toast USB in a non-OSX environment. I had no problems with it until I upgraded from OOS 8.6 to 9.2.2. Now Toast refuses to acknowledge that the drive is connected, claiming that there is no CD Burner present.

The odd thing is that iTunes does see the drive and burns music disks wonderfully. So the system itself is aware of the drive, and yet Toast is not.

I've tried disabling any CD-related extensions except the Que! extensions, but that didn't seem to help. Adaptec has not been helpful in upgrading Toast. Is there anything else I should try that would get Toast to work under OS 9.2.2?

When you upgarded was it over the top of the old OS, or a complete new system folder?

If you can't fix it in 20 minutes call someone who can.

Hi

I've got the same problem and will be trying the following when I get home tonight.

Turn off USB Authoring Support & FireWire Authoring Support in the Extensions manager control panel.

see:
Hopefully that will work

Thanks
Kenton

(Note: I must remember to add something witty & technical for my signature)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back