Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD Burner freezes as soon as media is loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daxx

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2000
CA
I have an HP 7500 Series external CD-Writer Plus. It is installed properly and there is not a conflict in system devices at all. However, whenever a cd is inserted, I get a BSOD. And I will get it again after reboot for as long as the media is loaded in the burner. When cd is taken out, I'll end up with a clean reboot.

I have lowered the read setting as suggested in this forum, but it did not do the job. What else should I be checking?

Thanks in advance, folks . . .

hello

you can check the hp support site, CD-burners usually have a firmware updated that may help...which means it updateds the bios inside your cd-rom drive...also i heard there was some problem with hp drives before...so check up on the internet and see if you have the same problem.

thanks,
hui

What operating system are you running and what CD burning software is installed?
Doug
dxd_2000@yahoo.com

Just my 2 bits:

You may have a problem with the ASPI drivers, alot of burning software doesnt play nice with certain Windows versions.

Installing other burning sofware simultaneously on your PC can create a mess of driver incompatibilities.

Check out:
Theres some good info.

Also, I think that all you need to do to stop Autorun is uncheck Auto Notification inside "properties" for the CD drive in question while you're in Control panel, then Windows is unaware when you change disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back