Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ccvp lab 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

uclasql

Technical User
Jun 7, 2010
US
Hi

I am trying to build a ccvp lab.

I have 3550 sw, ata , dell server w/ vmware that host cucm 6.0 , 2x2600 router ( not xm ) and 1 x 2900 xl . beside the phones, what else do i need ? . I do not want to use GNS3,

Thank you for your help

I haven't completed my CCVP yet, am through QoS, CVoice, and CIPT1, but here is what I've used.
2950 and 3550 poe switches
7940 phone
CIPC softphone
CUCM running in Virtualbox on my desktop
2611xm routers
mc3810 router
analog phone

Have not gotten as much lab time as I'd like, but been enough to get through the tests.

Been using the Cisco Press books as my main source of material. I did get work to purchase the CCVP Bootcamp from Internetwork Expert recently. So far I have to recommend it. It's been a great supplement and I'd describe it as the "how-to" video series.

lerdalt.

Thank you so much , is there any way you can post you visio ot lab design, I am still new to this and I do not know what connect to what ?

Thank you !!!!

uhm...maybe. Let me see what I might still have. Didn't do a good job of diagramming my lab this time around.

Thank you very much. one more question if you don't mind. what did you use 2611xm for is that just for routing ? where the cisco IPphone is registred and where the DN is crated ,,, Thank you

I ran CME off the 2611xm before I jumped into CUCM. I'd have the IPphone registered to either CME or CUCM. Depended on what I was working on at the time.

I sort of let my imagination run wild on different scenarios. Like right now I have an mc3810 setup as an h323 gateway off of CUCM. Basically it's simulating the PSTN.

ok , Thank you so much,is this lab can help for ccvp . it looks like very affordable $$$ wise. so no need to go for 2800 series .. cause right now like I said before , I have cucm on vmware box, 3550. ata , and 2950 switch. and couple of regular 2600 router, again thank you.

The thing you will need to make certain of on any router is you have the right memory, dsp's, and IOS to run what you are wanting to do with them.

My voice lab actually started with just a GNS3 router running CME, and the mc3810. Only reason I was a fan of the mc3810 is it had FXS ports built in so I could do dial-peers to analog phones. I abandoned GNS3 because it ran so slow.

One thing I had to do last night that I didn't exactly expect to be doing was setup wireshark to capture some traffic between the gateway and CUCM. Something to consider as you are setting things up is in case you need to get some packet captures.

nice, I am looking @ mc3810 now on ebay , what Ios, mem and dps , should I look for , I will probably wait little for 2600xm due to $$$$.

Thanks

pop me an email and we can chat that way tmlerdal at gmail dot com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back