Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCVP - CIPT Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

leosayer

Technical User
Aug 11, 2005
GB
Hi

I was thinking of starting my CIPT1/CIPT2 study after getting the CVOICE.

I see that the CIPT 4.1 642-444 is being withdraw soon and this is the only CBT nuggets available at this time until Q1 2010.

What is the general opinion on whether the study with current CIPT 4.1 nuggets will be worthwhile? I'm assuming and guessing that the majority of the fundimentals would be the same, so as a study aide, would the purhase still be worthwhile? I cannot afford to waste money etc

Is the leap(call manager to Unified Communication Manager)that great? Not sure I want to wait a possible 3 months.

Instinct tells me it would still be a good investment still.

I do like the CBT Nuggets as they have helped me train sucessfully in the past.

Your opinions and knowledge would be much appreciated.

Leo

Hi Leo,

I'm still working through my CVoice here, but have used the current CIPT nuggets to do a basic config of CUCM 6.1 to the stage where I have phones on desks with dial tone and dn's. That being said, I'd probably wait till the new CIPT1 is released as there are a lot more fields for data entry in CUCM 6.1 compared to CCM 4.x.

Yeah, CBT Nuggets are good value, and Jeremy is very entertaining even if he tends to get sidetracked a lot.

Maybe you could look at doing QoS in the short term.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for responding.

I'll take a look at the QOS.

Might be the better option and wait for the set nuggets for CIPT1/2.

I find that with books, i just cannot study as hard as with visual/audio. Jeremy does make me laugh and I'd never thought i'd say that about study.

Good luck with the CVOICE. I thought it wasn't too bad. Plus gave me the additional CCNA Voice cert

Leo

Hi Leo,

I did the CCNA-Voice earlier this year, as it was at the time the prerequisite for CCVP. Passed it 2 days before they announced the change allowing CVOICE to give you the same qualification. Grrrrr...

Was a bit annoyed by that, but CCNA-Voice is a good lead into CVOICE, and gives some extra skills so not a loss at all having done it.

Don't know about you, but I find the CVOICE nuggets very disjointed. I know there were designed for v5 and updated to v6, but still. I managed to borrow the GWGK nuggets as there is a lot of crossover, these combined with CVOICE do a really good job.

Good luck with the rest of your studies.

Cheers,
Dave

I would still recommend getting the CIPT video, just because they are changing up the test to meet the Linux (6.x/7.x) versions of the CUCM and that video goes over the Windows version (4.3) you still get a great understanding of the application as a whole and how things work. Like setting up gateways on the CUCM or route patterns... there are changes between the versions, do not get me wrong.. but if you know 4.x you will be able to find yourself around 6.x/7.x quite easily.

Just another opinion...

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Cheers Dallas,

Opinions are what I'm after.

I might crack on the the QOS as I just ordered stuff and see by xmas how far off the new nuggets are for the new CIPT ones, if they are still a way off just crack on with the older nuggets.

If the foundations/understanding of the app's are pretty much the same, i might as well go for it and keep up my pace.

Thanks again

Leo

Do you recommend the cbt nuggets for ccna training.

i have sampled a couple of different company's that have dvd training and from the free selections i have saw on you tube and at the web sites theirs does seem better than most but I would always like to hear from some one who has used it.

T.R.
RCDD

Honest officer,I know I've been thinking but i ain't thunk yet

I do prefer the CBT Nuggets myself as an added study resource.

Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

I found the nuggets to be good.

I haven't tried other vid's though.

I just find watching and listening easy than reading. Also, a little less boring for me.

Plus, you can watch them pretty much anywhere etc

I have always found Cisco Press books to be very good, and of course real equipment if you can afford it.

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

My problem with books... way to easily distracted, and my mind wonders... with videos and real equipment, i can pause, rewind, or just stop all together, and as leo said.. you can take pretty much anywhere you can take your laptop and with the new mini's out there, even easier.

but all of this just depends on the person on the other end having to do the studying also.

Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back