Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCVP Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeter

Technical User
Apr 6, 2000
US
When I started my CCVP track I had a valid CCNA. That was before June 24, 2009 when Cisco changed gears and advised that we needed the CCNA voice as a prerequisite. I now know this to be false because I just received my CCVP on March 15. So I think since I already started the track before the dead line that I was grandfathered in or not.......

With that said I did contact Cisco and they advised that I would but I never really seem to get a clear cut answer until now....

[americanflag] Go Army!
CCVP, CCNA Voice, CCNA R&S, N+
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

The prerequisite to even take a professional level exam after CCNA-voice cert came out is to have CCNA-Voice. Since you must have had already passed a professional exam by the time CCNA-Voice came out, then that prerequisite did not apply to you, and essentially you were therefore "grandfathered" in.

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

Isn't this more to do with CVOICE ? If you pass CVOICE (which is part of CCVP) then that gets you the CCNA VOICE that you need as a prerequisite.

It's the difference between the CCNA VOICE (Enterprise) which is the CVOICE exam, and the CCNA VOICE (Commercial) which is the IIUC exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back