Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCVP Certification Track

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedb55

Technical User
Aug 17, 2005
GB
I have passed CCNA a couple of years ago and am studying for CCVP certification (have passed CVOICE but none of the other exams yet taken. I noticed on Cisco.com that from June 2009 one of the prerequisites for CCVP will be CCNA Voice, does this mean I will need to pass CCNA Voice or will be CCNA be sufficient as I have already passed one of the CCVP exams?

I can't see an answer to this on Cisco.com.

Thanks
Steve

I spent a month on this issue talking with Cisco and the last responce was, "The ccna is a valid prerequisite until June 23, 2009. If you do not pass the fifth exam before then you will be required to take the ccna voice to get your certificate".

I personally think this SUCKS but this is Cisco we are talking about. Their game their rules!!!!

[americanflag] Go Army!
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

Thanks Jeter, this is what I was expecting, and I guess Cisco makes lots more money by making us jump through one more hoop to get CCVP certified.....

Steve

You aren't kidding. 6 exams (7 without CCNA). Are they trying to be Microsoft?

With that said, I'm scheduled to take the CCNAVoice in June :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back