Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCVP Bootcamp Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

element4749

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2010
US
Does anyone have any experience with CCVP bootcamps?

My Managers approached me and wanted to determine how long it would take for me to obtain my CCVP. Obviously a loaded question that was hard to answer.

I have a decent telephony background, certified in ShoreTel, ESI, Avaya systems, I also have my CCNA. I did pass the QoS test when it was in the CCNP track, but fell short to complete it before they changed everything around.

I wanted to get the communities feedback on these boot camp courses, I find it hard to believe that I will be able to pass all of the exams in 14 days.

I will obviously be devoting all of my time to it if it does happen, I also have the CBTNugget CCVP videos to supplement the bootcamp.

Does anyone have and advice? Or experience with these boot camps?

Thank you in advance.

I've been going through (as time allows) the CCVP online bootcamp from INE. Pretty good, but not enough to take the test and pass.

I do know of someone that did pass almost all the CCVP exams in like 1 month. Of course that was Scott Morris, and if you are at all familiar with his certification list and experience, it's no wonder he could walk in and pass the test. Secretly, I think when he signs in as Scott Morris, it just automatically gives him a pass - just kidding.

As for time frame, I don't have a background in telephony. I'm a straight up routing and switching guy, and have been working on my CCVP for the last year. I still have 2 tests to go. Work and personal schedules just aren't allowing me the time to study.

I wouldn't try and do it from bootcamp alone. Books and lab are pretty much a requirement. I do suggest getting a router that you can do a CME on, and if you can get your hands on the CUCM media to load up in a vmware session to get some practice on helps tons.

I appreciate the post. There seriously seems to be a lack of just standard user reviews on different bootcamp classes.

Maybe I will simply register as Scott and it will instantly give me a perfect score =D j/k

I guess it's just difficult to tell my Manager's that its not just as easy as going to a 12-14 day class and calling it a day.

I used GNS 3 a little bit, but it lacks on the switching side of things. I normally run into flash issues loading CME. Then sometimes it wont save etc. But I have a decent understanding of most of the concepts already.

If anyone has any user reviews of actual CCVP bootcamps rather than just the CBT's I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again.

I dont believe there are any labs on the tests. I've taken the first (2) tests and was able to pass with the Cisco Press books and Pass4Sure.

Studying for the last (3) before they change the VP track.

I've had (2) employees go through the bootcamps and they are very time intensive. Pretty much, carve out 2 weeks of your life to cram for questions. There are (5) tests to take during the bootcamp so, you may want to negotiate with your managment on the timeline you have to complete the exams. Maybe knock out a couple during the bootcamp and a couple after.

Either way, good luck.

There is a huge difference in knowing the material and having a certification. If you have no formal experience with Cisco Voip I would say it would take 6 months or so to learn the material and take the tests.

The certification is a verification of your knowledge, it isn't meant to obtain to use for bid or partner certification status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back