Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCVP Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryp4000

Technical User
Aug 15, 2007
AU
hi all, just completed my CCNA certification with aim at progressing down the CCVP path and looking for any guidance/tips. I have a Telco background and am keen to do the CVOICE exam next. What kind of gear, with limited budget in mind, would be the preferred setup in home lab environment to help obtain my CVOICE/CCVP etc.
Any help greatly appreciated.
regards
Harry CCNA :)

If you find the Call Mgr simulation version which is the most costliest one in the mix, do let me know. Other equip can be obtained, bt def are not cheap.

Hey Harryp4000, I use a 2801 running CME. I do all configs via CLI. Congrats on passing the CCNA - I am taking the same path as you - CCNA then CCVP - As my background is also telphony, I would like to know what materials you used to study for the CCNA - thanks!

hey rolm9751, due to cost and logistical reasons i wasn't able to/decided against a physical lab setup early on and just dealt with the Richard Deal's CCNA Study Guide, Cisco Press INTRO and ICND books along with the Boson Network and Exam Simulators. These materials got me over the line but if you read one or two of my earlier post's in other threads, you'll notice a little disappointment in the exam preparation path.
i understood the fact you must get to grips with all the basics first and then apply them in the exam scenario, but NO WHERE could i find suitable exam preparation material to match what was in the CCNA exam.
As an example, without getting into too much detail, a question that encompasses 4-5 switches and 2-3 routers and multiple VLANS was going to be a little hard for me to setup in a home lab and getting to grips with it in a simulator took more time, but was more cost effective.
As i was attempting the CCNA under my own steam, i didn't have many sources of knowledge to access, this invaluable forum being one of them.
sorry for the rant, hope this helps
later
H.

Thanks for the info Harry. I have access to Cisco equipment to do physical labs. I will try those books too.

Hi Gents,

I'm from a voice background and passed the CCNA. I agree with Burt that howtopass for $40 was great.

Worked the books, sites, bosum, then howto pass gives you a good idea and feel for the exam, especialy the simulations. Gave me a lot of confidence. Reading the books is the key though.

Good luck

CCVP certification you need to pass five exams..... I sugguest starting with CVoice and GateKepper...

You really need to understand routing and switching as well to make your network run smooth, hell someone has to put in and install your PRI's to the PSTN and setup your switches....... Just my 2 cents!!!!

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back