Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCV cannot see Delta Server on localhost

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrtnastrx

Technical User
Oct 31, 2002
US
I have a customer who has been using CCC for years and the other day they were installing CCV on a new computer yesterday and unable to connect to the Delta Server. I opened CCV directly on the server and it is also unable to find the Delta Server. If I select "use last know Delta Server", CCV launches and connects but I can't add any new profiles or add a new computer. I installed Delta Server on the same PC as where they want to use CCV and connected it to itself so it is working temporarily until I figure out why it can't connect to the real server. I tried repairing the Delta Server install but that didn't help. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm was going to try to uninstall DS and re-install but I'm afraid the machines that are working will no longer work after that.

APSS - ACIS - ACSS

is the User Access applet running?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Yes with Admin as user and default password.

APSS - ACIS - ACSS

Check the port numbers used for delta vs CCV. May be a conflict.

I forgot to mention I am able to launch Delta Server in the browser on local machine and all the data is there.

APSS - ACIS - ACSS

So you have changed from CCC to CCV.
Now you are using Delta for????

CCV is the Call Center View application of CCC. We haven't upgraded to CCR is that's what you meant.

APSS - ACIS - ACSS

yes it is. I apparently got lost in the alphabet soup.

Havent heard "CCV" in quite some time.

I think that issues with CCV were always permissions issues. Should be sure that the user has rights to the computer folders. I am sure that there is a doc on that somewhere.

CCC using NetBIOS to find the server and permissions can be a real pain is you don't have a domain setup.

Try some or all of the following:
Add an entry into the local PC's LMHOST file for the server name and IP
Add a Mapped network drive to the machine to C$ on the server.
Check or turn off firewall on server and local PC

Do you have a domain or workgroup????

Also, CCC will not work on a Windows 7 (and Vista???) machine.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back