Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCS Trace to prove CPN substitution

Status
Not open for further replies.

floppy1

Technical User
Aug 7, 2009
GB

Hello

3300 CX1 on 9.0 using BT PRI Euro ISDN 30

As the title suggests I am searching for a way to see the outgoing number set in CPN substitution by using CCS trace to ensure that the Mitel is outputting as expected.

I seem to recall a COS option or SMDR option but after searching help files I have not yet been able to find the solution.

Has anyone been able to accomplish this ?

Thanks

ccs trace should show the outbound caller id without modification

That being said, E30 is not something I use. (NA)

Your Geo Profile says you are in GB, hopefully someone from there might speak up - Wireman50??

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

CCS trace is supposed to show what goes out of a digital circuit so that is likely your best bet. Same issue here we don't use E1 much in North America.

You can't duct tape stupid.

Yes we are using BT ISDN 30 or Euro ISDN

BT are sending us 6 digits so I have set up CPN substitution as 6 digits. We are using system speed dial to convert the DDI's to extensions.

I have set the default CPN on the CPN substitution form to 811400 The customers main incoming number excluding the STD code. This does present 01xxx811400 to the outside world but this may be done by BT anyway.

I have added a DDI range for substation index 1 as DDI range ext. 246 number to substitute 861661 one of the DDI numbers.

When extension 246 places an outbound call it still presents 01xxx811400 and not 01xxx861661 nor does either number appear in CCS trace.

We have done a fair few CPN substitutions but mostly with SIP with few problems.

I will get a CCS Trace and post as soon as possible

We use Associated Directory numbers for this using CPN substitution type.

You could also try an EDT TRACE TSP L2L3 'plid' to see what is happening on the link.

Thank you

wireman, This is very old software 7.0.9.5 so no option for CPN substution in associated directory numbers, only hotline option ?

Sarond, I will try the maint command and post

EDT TRACE VDSU NAMNUM will show you less info and give you what you require.

Thank you boycey and thank's Sarond who first suggested EDT TRACE

With the main command EDT TRACE I have been able to prove that the 3300 is indeed sending the correct outbound CLI

I am sure that in the past I have been able to see the outbound CLI using CCS TRACE but perhaps this was with SIP trunks

I have passed this back to the line provider BT in our case

Thanks again

@floppy1

I know that here in NA we require different methods to view CLID depending on the PRI protocol.

If NI-1 for example we can view it via CCS trace

If NI-2 however, we need to use the EDT commands

I couldn't remember when the EDT commands were introduced which is why I didn't mention them earlier. I suspect it was rel 7 so you got lucky.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back