Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCRP FolderTreeView

Status
Not open for further replies.

victoryhighway2

Programmer
Jul 18, 2005
US
Hello Everyone,
I'm trying to use the CCRP (Common Controls Replacement Project) FolderTreeView control in my project to create a custom browse for folder window. In my Form_Load method, I'm setting the SelectedFolder propery of the FolderTreeView to the default folder that I want. In addition, I am also setting the Expanded property of the SelectedFolder.

I'm running into a little problem that I haven't been able to figure my way out of yet. I would like the folder that I set as the "SelectedFolder" to appear at the top of the FolderTreeView control, however it appears in random places within the FolderTreeView depending on where in the file system hierarchy it is. I don't necessarily want to make this folder the "root" of the FolderTreeView, I just want it to appear at the top. This control has a FirstVisibleFolder property that returns the name of the folder that is at the top of the FolderTreeView, but unfortunately it is read-only.

Does anyone know how I can automatically "scroll" the folder list so that the folder that I select is automatically brought to the top?

I appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Regards,
Geoffrey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back