Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCR Supervisor Listen Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcalix

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2010
US
Need some advice,

I have a customer who has IPO 500 V2 R6.1 and latest version of CCR. They run a small call center every now and then. Client wants to be able to"listen" to agent without them knowing from a supervisor. That is no problem.

Here is the tricky part:

Customer has clients that sometimes want to listen every now and then to hear the call center agents and make sure they are doing the right thing, but customer wants a supervisor to control this. So basically client of customer would call in and get transferred to a supervisor and the supervisor can pick which agent they want to listen to and allow both the supervisor and client to both listen to agent and talk to each other without call center agent knowing or hearing.

I have tried the following:
1. tried to conference in the external call from the client and then try the listen feature, but this does not work because in the conference only the supervisor can hear the agent and not the external client.
2. i dont want to setup a ddi to fne feature because i want the supervisor to control which agent the client would be able to listen to.
3. We upgraded client from an old Nortel CS1000 system which they accomplished this with some sort of old school a/b switch.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Can't be done with programming as far as I know, you may need to get creative with some switches and wires just as the Mitel boys did :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

I didn't think so. Just wanted to see if anyone else ran into this problem.

Speaking of Mitel...I actually did see something crazy at a potential customer site the other day. It was a Mitel system and they had a phone in an area with alot of noise. The customer told me the Mitel installer connected a a loud bell mounted on the ceiling that would ring extremely loud only when his phone rang. I wanted to know how they did this, so i went an looked and the installer actually took apart the phone and soldered a wire to the ringer an rigged it up to the bell. It was crazy.

Someone on here does that, more for connecting to paging amps etc than a bell though :) They obviously didn't want the hassle and expense of adding POTS (SLT's as Mitel call them) to the kit :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

if you use IP handsets you can pick off the RTP. there is a call recorder around that does that. wireshark will let you record the RTP so im sure its not difficult to intercept and listen in.

ACSS - SME

Speaking of which, i tried that HSM and wireshark saw all the RTP packets and could see the session between system and handset but the playback graph was flatlined with no audio. Have you ever done it?

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Were you using G711 or 729? Wireshark can only decode and play back 711 if I remember correctly.

I use a cable soldered to the speaker of a 5602 IP phone to drive a paging amp ... works well :) The phone can be occasionally used for other things - but you need to remember if you put it on speaker the whole factory can hear!! Just as well it doesn't have hands free mike really!

Anyway - OP's problem - if you can't do it via programming then I'd be looking at the supervisor having 2 phones - one for monitoring and the second for normal calls. The monitoring phone then needs an audio output into an input on the normal phone - might have a problem with levels on this though...

Yeah I used G711, don't want to hijack thread.

As afrogley says having a splitter on the headset/handset input port so you could then connect the curly cord from the second handset may be the way to go, could blow the handset up though :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Sorry for posting here, but I am trying to get in contact with user Hcalix.

In a previous post:
thread940-1620958: Avaya Softphone Error

He has experienced a Softphone error, where upon opening Softphone, one receives a message
Account: Account 1 Could not be enabled.

We are getting the same error message.

We believe we've done everything according to all published instructions on the Softphone, I was wondering how Hcalix resolved his previous issue with the Softphone.

If needed, I can be reached by email at rbohn@mtcweb.com

Thanks,

It was me who pointed you here, nut new information has come to ligh that suggests you need to prefix the IP office address with http:// for it to work. So for example :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back