Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCR Queueing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcalix

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2010
US
Just wanted to get some input about queueing with CCR and Voicemail Pro on IP Office 500 V2 6.1 with the latest version of CCR.

Customer wants a queue size of say 10. Now here is the tricky part, they do not want the 11th(or technically would be say 15th if you had 4 agents on calls)caller to hear a busy signal but yet a generic prompt that tells the caller they are experiencing high call volume and to please try again later.

Here is what i have come up with to accomplish this task.

1. Made CCR HG and turned on queueing and announcements.
2. Put queueing size to no limit
3. Created a condition in voicemail pro that translates the caller's queue position into a number
4. Added queued start point to HG
5. Added test condition to queued start point under HG group which if greater than then 10, it would send them to a generic prompt about high call volume and then to a leave mail action with both "success" and "failure" linked to a disconnect. (customer does not want the caller to leave a VM)
6. If test condition was false then i sent the caller to a queue position prompt, and then the normal still queued prompt.

I tried to just link the test coniditon to if true then go to disconnect and if false send to queue position, but it would never work.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Try it with a counter in the queued action.

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Finally got some time and tried that today, but still same results, have to link "true" or "false" to some kind of disconnect. Unless I testd it wrong.

had the same issue for a queue position announcement after 20 seconds to say "ring back" then disconnect but doens't work on 6.1, you have to transfer to a short code of some sort which rings barred/busy etc. cuts off the call fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back