Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCR external Transfer Points work, but discard CallerID

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfife

Technical User
Aug 4, 2009
US
We're using a new callpilot system for Voicemail and CCR on a PRI.

We have external transfer points in our CCR tree, but when calls go out (transferred out), they have NO CallerID info. Shouldn't the outbound call leg (of the transfer) carry the CallerID of the inbound call? I'm snooping in the D-channel, and the system's not even making an attempt to set the OLI for the outbound call the way it would on a 'normal' call from a 'normal' set.

What's stranger still is that when we 'reply' to external calls in voice mail, the outbound CallerID (OLI) is also not set (even though OLI works for 'normal' calls from those sets). The upshot is that when users reply to callers from their voice mail, they show something like unknown/blocked etc. Not very customer friendly.

Any ideas? Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing? Is this 'just the way it is?'

Thanks
-Karl

Good idea.

So would that mean everyone calling out from voicemail (and CCR transfers) would show the same CallerID?

If so, is there a way to make it match the inbound CLID from the originating channel or the OLI of the mailbox subscriber?

Thanks!
-Karl

Unfortunately only hard forwarding can pass originating CLID on a Norstar/BCM. Any transfer of a call will assume the CLID of the set doing the forwarding, in this case it will be the station ports of the Call Pilot.

--DB

I see.

When you say 'hard forwarding', do you mean Telco forwarding?

Thanks for your helpful feedback

-K

Hard forwarding meaning Call Forward All (feature 4) of a set to an external number. This will pass originating CLID because the call is never answered by a user or the AA of the Norstar/BCM system.

--DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back