Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCR 6.1 Customer Map 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrtnastrx

Technical User
Oct 31, 2002
US
I recently upgraded our CCR in our office and one of our customers CCR to 6.1 and am trying to use the "Customer Map" feature. I setup the default longitude and latitude and the default area code, but when I import yesterday's data for the pin plotter, all calls show they were received from London UK, on both systems. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The KB isn't much help.

jellied eels - classic!

ACS - IP Telephony + IP Office
ACA - Too many to remember
ACSS - Would do it but i don't get a free TShirt anymore!

The KB isn't much help." - nor are you with the lack of detail.

Changed the default area code to what? Received what CLIs that got mapped to London? Where should they have been mapped?

So far all you've told us is you think you have a problem.

What happens when you try a few test numbers directly into the map.

You installed 2 CCRs. Are they both doing the same. Information. Information. Information.

The KB states:
IP Office Customer Call Reporter includes files that can match the telephone country codes for all countries and area codes within most countries. Once the call is matched to a named place, a query is sent to the map provider service to identify where that place is on the geographic map.

I changed the default country code to 1 and the default area code to my home area code.

When I press the "historical customer mapping" button while on "Customer Map" CCR imports call records for the previous day but all pins to to the state only, no cities. (I fixed the problem with calls going to London because it didn't actually save when I changed my default area code and remained on London, UK).

Is there a database that can be edited to enter my local cities by area code/prefix?

An example CLI, go on, dare you, 1-XXX-YYY-ZZZZ, go on, you know you want to.

ps. once again someone who selectively quotes from the KB, how about including the line that specifically covers US operation!

Ahhh okay, now I see what your are talking about.
"The call matching for India and for the United States of America is done using requests to PTT services in those countries rather than the XML call mapping files described here."
I missed that line in the KB. So my real question should have been "What the hell are PTT services?" I called my PRI provider and they didn't know.

What have we found out on this? I am in the US and have also read the reference to PTT services. The only PTT service that I know about is 'Push To Talk', which doesn't make any sense for this application. I have also done a CLI lookup to no avail. All pushpins get dropped onto the same coordinate.

So far I've just been telling my customers that this may work in the future. Does ANYONE in the U.S. have this feature working?

I'm not sure if you use the expression in the USA but elsewhere
PTT usually means 'Postal Telephone and Telegraph' or the government owned post office and telco etc.

I just upgrade from the old CCR to the 1.6, and I see that is so much diference
Where do I change the settings for the customer map? I have in London right by default.
thnks

Do you CCR servers have access to the internet?
if not then contacting the map provider/PTT may be a problem

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

IPGuru, do you have this working in the US? My servers have internet access but it still doesn't work.

Fraid not I am UK based.

I do not Have A.D.D. im just easily, Hey look a Squirrel!

Cool now it works, but it does require a "1" before the area code to map properly so I have to add that as a PRI prefix but thats okay. I tried changing some settings in the config file to eliminate the "1" but couldn't make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back