Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Mar 7, 2004
US
Hi,
anyone who have CCNP done here?..I need someone who finished routing please...I need some suggestions and ideas to start preparing for that
thanks
ss

I used the Cisco Press Book, CCNP Self Study: Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) Second Edition by Catherine Paquet and Diane Teare. It covered the test material pretty well. I also used Boson practice tests.

Stuart

Hi,
Good to know about that. I want to know how deep he can go for BGP?..And can you please elaborate the syllabus..And second edition is the latest one??..Please let me know
Thanks
Ss

I would suggest reading "routing TCP/IP" volume one, by Jeff Dolye. This is one of the best books I've read on routing.

I believe so.
NAT is included. as part of simulation question.

Microbyte
[medal][medal]

I remember getting NAT question for both BSCI and BCRAN

Microbyte
[medal][medal]

NAT has been showing up in BSCI and BCRAN per Microbyte.

NAT was on my BCSI exam. It was the the central topic in one of my simulation questions.

As far as preping, I used the latest Cisco Press book, It's a long read but covers the materials very well. I'd recommend getting some hands on experience with setting up the routing protocols with either some real equipment or a rack rental. I'd suggest getting your hands on some equipment or a rack rental for all of the CCNP exams.

Network Admin
CCNP
Cisco Firewall Spec.
Cisco IDS Spec.
MCSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back