Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNP - what order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBoy

ISP
Mar 8, 2001
GB
Hi,

Just done my CCNA. Now want my CCNP/CCDP...

"The recommended track is routing, switching, remote access and then troubleshooting. "

This is a tip from a friend. Can anyone back this up, or refute it? I intended to do the Remote Access exam first - is there a good reason not to?

Also, according to Cisco, I can choose between Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (640-900) and Routing (640-503). Can anyone explain the difference/recommend one over the other?

Thanks a lot guys,
C.

I'd start with something else then remote unless you are very good with ISDN and other remote technologies. Pick something you are already pretty good with.. gives confidence.. I picked something I need at work right away (switching).. that got the boss's blessing to study a bit during work hours.

MikeS
Find me at
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

well, I started with the remote , this is because I need it at my work, but I think u have to take the route , switch , remote then troubleshooting..
anyway , they all are harder than the CCNA , and they have to be good , study well and go on :)

N.B. Troubleshooting have to be the last..

Dear Sir,
I am very interested in earning the cisco certification "CCNA" and further. Now I am really confused in choosing which way I have to go, is the local training centre the one or can i take the course online?. I also need to make sure if both ways have the same effects.

Hi All !!!

Well, I obtained my CCNA certification in September and now i'm trying to obtain my CCNP. I've read the order of CCNP was: Routing,Switch,Remote,Troubleshooting, but you can obtain in any order while the Routing and Troubleshooting are the first and the last one. (CCNP Study Guide by Todd Lammle). Certifications:
CCNA

In Progress:
CCNP - Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back