Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNP - Remote Access - what to study?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djunior

MIS
Jun 24, 2003
FR
Hi, Can someone who has already got the BCRAN exam pls tell me what are the main topics which I should concentrate efforts so that to pass? Any clues including reference materials (books, simulations and so on) are pretty much appreciated.

Bye,

Before you hear anyone say how best you must concentrate on the relevant topics you might better want to flip through the following book...a strongly rec book all these day..it is the bible for the bcran book....i hope you grabbed it already...if not here you go,

Tell me one single topic that is not covered in this book but asked in the exam...perhaps you wouldn't.

Building Cisco Remote Access Networks
by Catherine Paquet, Cisco Systems Inc.
Publisher: Cisco Press; 1 edition (August 1999)
ISBN: 1578700914

Best Regards
Suresh B.S.(Eng), M.S.(Eng.)
CNE, MCSE, SCSA, CCSE, CCNA, CCNP, IP Tel, CCSP, CCIE(R&S), progressing CCIE(Security)
My Homepage on Network Certifications!

I found the Remote Access Companion Guide (Cisco Academy) from Cisco Press to be very close to what you will find on the test. In fact, study the glossaries at the end of each chapter WELL.. you WILL see these words again. The labs are decent and the text is readily understandable. I also recommend very strongly to do the practice questions.. they will look familier on test day. My copy was published in Jan 2002 so they might have a newer one.

I own the other recommend text but for testing I will stick with the Cisco Academy book.

MikeS

Find me at
"Take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots."
Sun Tzu

HI Suresh ,
Do you have any idea , where can I get some 642-821 exam help . Do you have any as of now ?

Partha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back