Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNP Lab ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justvistin

Technical User
Dec 8, 2001
GB
Hi All,

Passed my CCNA recently and am now considering starting a CCNP (proably the Advanced routing / BSCI first).

Anyone have any suggestions about what would be a suitable mix of kit to purchase to allow me to complete the majority of the CCNP labs ?

I know there are sims available, but I would like to try to complete as many of the labs as possible on hardware.

At the moment I have 1x2501, 1x2503 and a 2900XL switch.

For the CCNA I felt ISDN was my weakest area, so I've been considering buying a hardware ISDN simulator (2xBRI), so opinions welcome on these as well.

Cheers.

First well done on passing your CCNA

get another 2900 switch for trunking etc (8mb version), worth getting a 26XX 2621 is the best, but 2610/12 will do vlan routing if running 12.2 or later. A couple of the 26XX/36XX will be usefull for some of the BGP stuff etc, 25XX are not able to do everything.

ISDN sim wise there are some cheap and some expensive ones. I got a cheap one Eumex 322pci which does most things and cost me about £50 ($80).

Visit for free Cisco rack access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back