Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNP Exam

Yehey

Technical User
Nov 23, 2007
AP
Hi All,

What reference/reading materials would you guys recommend for the new CCNP exam? I plan on taking the exam this year.

Thanks.

I recommend Cisco Press. They seem to be right on most of the time....

You could also attend a Cisco Academy at your local College. I took a CCNP routing course last year that helped me....

[americanflag] Spc NVARNG
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

Yehey,

I am with jeter on the Cisco Press books - they are always on track!

I was using the CBT Nuggets for the old exam - helped me pass the routing exam - they are GREAT when you get tired of reading all the time - go to and you can try several parts of the Cisco CBTs for free! These are full sections!

Also check the CCNP Prep Center (at Cisco)- it includes practice questions, e-learning modules, tips from CCNP professionals, expert advice, and other CCNP resources to help students preparing for CCNP certification exams.

Hope this helps!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

The one thing I noticed when I was working on my CCNP is the big difference between the Cisco Press Books that were the "Exam Certification Guide" and the "Self-Study" books. The Self Study books matched up with the official courseware, and I thought gave a better explanation of topics. The Exam Cert books seemed like they expected you to have a pretty good foundation, and went into a little more detail with less background.

I also used a lot of documentation off of Cisco's website. Using the blue print for each exam, I'd do searches on the website, and get additional information on each topic. Some really good docs out there on BGP and Spanning-tree.

I am Tim a cybersecurity expert with various certifications from microsoft, amazon etc. -

I was using the CertsLab for the old exam - helped me pass the Cybersecurity exam - they are GREAT when you get tired of reading all the time - go to
Certs Lab Study Material
and you can try several parts of the Cisco CBTs for free! These are full sections!

Also check the CCNP Prep Center (at Cisco)- it includes practice questions, e-learning modules, tips from CCNP professionals, expert advice, and other CCNP resources to help students preparing for CCNP certification exams.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back