Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNP/CCIE lab help 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

winstreet

Programmer
Jun 27, 2010
IE
Hi,i just completed ccna and want to do ccnp as soon as possible. I want set up a home lab that it i can improve later for CCIE.

For now i have 1 * 3360 with 2 fe
1 * 2612
1 * 3620
2 * 3640
2 x NM-2E2W's, 2 x NM1E-2W, 5 x NM-1E1R's
and 5 Cat6 cables.

I know i need some switches and access server...

Can any one please give tell what will be best buy in order to go good with above routers.

Thanks in advance.

A good ccie lab costs at least 3k, Thats how much i spent plus material. The knowledge is invaluable. The best equipment i can recommend is 2651xm routers, Will run everything an 1841 will and is perfect for the ccnp and ccie. For an access server a 2511 will do nicely. Switches You will need a 3550 or better, and in reality for the ccie you will need at least 2 x 3550 and 2 x 3560, The 3620, 3640 and 3660 are good backbone routers, but the 2612 is almost too dated to be useful in higher studies. May be ok for ccnp. Anyway Gl. You have a long road ahead.

CCNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back