Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNP and CCDP Pass Marks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBowen

Technical User
Jan 26, 2001
GB
Can anyone tell me the pass grades for the four CCNP and CCDP exams?

I have heard they are all different

Thanks in advance

Daniel,

Remote access is 706 passed it Fri! Cant remember the rest go to Cisco.com and all the information under the sun is there.

The CID exam is 755 is a hundred questions and is a real pain in the well you know what.

I will have to agree with JiggyS on That.
I have my scores somewhere but no ever asks me for them :(

It doesnt matter if you are first in med school.. or last.. you still end up being called "Doctor".. the scores have very little meaning aside from bragging rights which one should avoid anyways.. there is always someone smarter, faster, brighter about one subject then you are.. and Murphy's law says that you will find them at the wrong time ;-)

MikeS Find me at
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

MikeS, I think you just found a rock.;-) I couldnt agree with you more.

To answer the initial question:
Routing - 690
Switching - 699
Remote Access - 706
CIT - 692

All CCNP exams are 62 Q's (I think one had 64). So you have to get about 70% in each exam. However, the exam is marked using a sliding scale where some Q's are worth more points than others. In one exam I thought I kicked some ass and ended up just passing. In another I thought I blew it and still ended up scraping through. The final mark at the end of the day may not be a true reflection of how many Q's you answered correctly so do not be discouraged/egotistic either way.

Heres my overview of them.
- In each exam, 50% of Q's are "give-me's". If read a good text reference (ie. Cisco Press + study guides, braindumps) a copy of times you should easily get these correct.
- The remaining 50% rely on you understanding the concepts well so you can use logic deduce the answer, have some pratical experience so you can say "I've seen that before", some luck, some ass etc..

Good luck to those who seek these certifications. Well done to those who have achieved it. But as MikeS has diplomatically pointed out, there always people out there with more knowledge than you, and knowing that it should inspire you to the next level.

JimmyZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back