Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA Voice Certifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach38

MIS
Apr 8, 2004
US
I'm looking to take the CCNA Voice Certifications exams. Do I have to take the CCENT and CCNA first? I'm looking to take the following path:

CCNA Voice
CCVP
CCIE Voice

Please let me know if I'm taking the correct path.

You have to take CCNA (Routing and Switching) then CCNA Voice. The regular CCNA is a prerequisite for the Voice. The CCNA Voice is a prereq for CCVP.

Regarding CCENT you can either take the two-test approach (ICND1 & ICND2) in which case you will have CCENT as well as CCNA or you may take the single exam and you will only gain the CCNA (which is fine)! Then you can take the CCNA Voice and then CCVP!

Good Luck!

B Haines
CCNA R&S, ETA FOI

Thanks!

I'm reading Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices, Part 1 (ICND1) now....

Good job! Feel free to post any questions here.. Especially gray area OSI related questions as they are the most entertaining! LoL

B Haines
CCNA R&S, ETA FOI

Coach,

You might want to watch the Voice Lab post I started, we have several links to voice labs on Ebay and I hope we will discuss in detail all the equipment needed.

As with your CCNA study, it is important along with the books to practice what you are reading and having a good lab is one of the best ways.

Sims and emulators are great but connecting a network end-to-end and understanding all aspects from what the PC/ TCP/IP is doing to the switch and how the routers are communicating etc. This will only help in your understanding of the complex issues in CCNA.

And again, doing the same for voice, it is one thing reading about it, it is another to pick up your IP phone and call another station across the room, and know that you made THAT happen, AND you UNDERSTAND how it happened!!

Good luck!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

ARP? I'm in AARP. Is that the same thing? (LOL!)

[the other] Bill

I haven't joined AARP yet although I qualify. Maybe BARP or CARP are better? I recall inARP is for Frame-Relay, though. So you're a FR guru, then?

These weekend threads are most disturbing...

I heard, but can't confirm that AARP will get you a discount on CARP.

I've never been framed or relayed, just "Smith'ed". :)

[the other] Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back