Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

iolair

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2002
US
I've just finished reading my second CCNA book, and have three 2621XM routers and two 2950 switches up and running. All is well. I'd like to also do some self-testing. Can anyone recommend some good testing software that will help? Or is there a customizeable flashcard software that I can enter my own questions into?

I do not want a braindump! I need something that will test my recall on all topics in the current CCNA, including Wireless, IPv6, and Switching. One that has simulations would be nice, too.

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did search and couldn't find an answer.

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

Didn't the links to the test engines I gave you work? I know they aren't perfect but the questions are as realistic as can be!

@OzzieGeorge - yes, they did. Just looking to test myself as much as possible, in as many ways as possible. Thanks!

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

You are obviously getting ready for an attempt at the exam! So remember chill, you really know the answers and if you pace yourself you can achieve it! That said don't spend too long on something you don't know for sure! Better to get points on something you would have missed out on than to waste the time on something you don't really know!

Iolair,

I think 2 of the best are Boson and Transender, they both are not cheap, but they are well respected and sometimes you get what you pay for :) so FREE is not always a good thing!!!

Both of these have free trials that you can do to see if you like the product!

If you use test/exam software - use it to see what areas you should study more, DO NOT JUST LEARN THE QUESTIONS!!!!

And when you are ready - take the exam, if you fail, you won't be the first, use it as a learning experience, sometimes just getting over that first fear of taking a Cisco exam .......

And if you have not done so, I will advise you to get the latest Sybex CCNA Study Guide by Todd Lammle and read it - I had a student who failed the exam 3 times and I told him to get that book and read it 2x, he did and passed the exam.

With at least 2 different books to study from, tons of hands on labs and some practice test software - anyone should be fine - JUST DO IT !!!!

Good luck I hope this helps !!!!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

@CiscoGuy33 - thanks. I have bought Todd Lammle's book and am about 1/4 of the way through it. You're right, I use the tests to see where I'm weak, not to memorize the questions, because those questions won't be on the exam. Thanks for the pointers to Boson and Transender.

@OzzieGeorge - thanks for the advice. You're right, it's so easy to get nervous and blow it. Thanks for all your help and encouragement.

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back