Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA test - IPX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rearview

MIS
May 28, 2002
US
I'm going to be taking the CCNA test in a week or 2, and I want to know if the Novell / IPX stuff is still on the test? My book has it, but I've heard from other sources that it isn't on there anymore. I really want to skip this chapter in my book (especially since we don't use it at work)

Never say Never, IPX is a fair and valid topic for the
CCNA and perhaps the CCNP exam. Assuming something won't be on a cisco exam is a sure way to miss any questions on the exam. I recently took a exam which had signaling methods for ATM LANE and AAL on it...I got the questions right by guessing, but should have known better.

I saw no questions at all. It is highly unlikely you will run into it. Study other stuff first. Email me! denodave@yahoo.com
Real men pray...especially techies!

well l did the test and there was no ipx question however there was about four simulation thaat involved subnetting so read hard on subnetting.

Thanks everyone. I've done some research and itlooks like the IPX is not there anymore.

hey! IPX is still on the exam. Appletalk is not. Study the topic as it could pop out anytime in your exam. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to study it. Just to be sure. I did got a couple of Qs regarding IPX/SPX like frametypes etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back