Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA or Network+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetManRob

Technical User
May 16, 2001
US
I am an OJT self-trained network tech., I built a LAN about 3 years ago, and now maintain and administer it. I started to study for CCNA several months ago, with Sybex Study Guide, plus Keystone Learning Systems videos (all Todd Lamle). I haven't had much time to focus on it, and now my employer is applying pressure to get a certificate. Since CCNA is in transition, 604-507 exam is becoming 604-607, etc. would it be easier and faster to persue Network+? What is the difference in knowledge scope, aside from the obvious, Network+ wouldn't be focused entirely on Cisco hardware? Thanks for your help and suggestions. Rob

I just passed my CCNA last week. There is ONE chapter of Net+ in my CCNA books. It is obviously much easier to pass. I would do Net + first. I am looking to take the test (Net+) tomorrow if possible.

I took (and passed) the Network Plus test yesterday. It's not an easy test....

Tom Whaley

In my opinion network plus isent that hard. I mean you gotta know your stuff more or less, but 2 weeks of studing and I did fine on it(btw I did take it 2 years ago, so it might of changed). You put money and time into cisco. If you have been admining a network for three years, I would hope you know your stuff. The only diff in 607 from 507 is router sims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back