Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA Multiple selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltaserver403

Technical User
Apr 7, 2005
UG
Dear Friends.

I planning to go for CCNA exam by the end of this month,

I have 1 query, some questions are multiple selection answers, some times select 2 or select 3,

If i select 1 correct answer in 1 worng weather i get a marks for this or need all the corect answres

deltaserver403,

Cisco does not make it clear how they grade the CCNA exam or any other exam for that matter!

I asked the head of the CCNA exam design team that exact question at Cisco Networkers in San Diego several years ago and he said that it is Cisco's policy not to discuss how the exams are graded in any way!

Anything else would just be a guess unless we have a member of this forum who is on the CCNA exam design team!

Just my thoughts!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

The ONLY things I have ever seen written down by Cisco about how exam questions are scored is that simulations are scored more highly than other question, and that you may get some questions which don't count.

From the Cisco website: "Exam simulation questions carry greater weight than typical multiple-choice or fill-in-the-blank test questions in calculating a candidates' final exam score."

And: "Exams may contain non-scored items to collect performance data on new items. Non-scored items are not used in determining the passing score nor are reported in a subsection of the score report. All non-scored items are randomly placed in the exam with sufficient time calculated and given to complete the entire exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back