Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCNA Finally!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwolf52

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2002
US
I just passed my 640-801 and wanted to get some advice on going after the CCDA. I have heard that if you can pass the CCNA you are pretty close to being able to pass the CCDA.

Is this true and what study materials are good for CCDA.

Or should I scrap design and start on CCNP?

thanks in advance

Congrats RedWolf52!! Are there any heads-up that you could give. What was your preparation methods? How long did you prepare? Any good websites you used? Any and all info will be useful. I'm looking to take the 801 test next week. There are some areas that I need to get stronger in. Are you working in the field now. THX!

redwolf - that's up to you, but it's my opinion that getting the CCDA would be a good option. If nothing else it gives you an ever more broad understanding and knowledge base to build on for the future.

Congrats on your CCNA.

As far as the CCDA, just schedule and take the test. None of these tests are that difficult if you study. Some people put more worry into these tests then they should. Go for it...you are a smart guy, right?

I know what I know and that's all I know. What I don't know I'll find out.

Congrats on passing! I know what you mean by "FINALLY". I've been putting off taking the test for months now and finally just bit the bullet and took it today. Needless to say, I passed. I felt it was much easier than I thought it would be, but I'm just glad I'm done with it. Now I can start working on the CCNP...

Congrats on passing the CCNA exam. One word of caution, the CCDA and CCDP exams are NOTHING like the CCNA (because they focus on DESIGN, rather than configuration). I have a CCNP/DP and i'm working on finishing my CCSP. The material that you are going to be covering (while NOT overly difficult), can be a challenge. I would recommend getting the Cisco Press book which is set up for the current version of the CCDA exam.

Also, downloading some current or up to date practice exams never hurts :)

Congrats on the pass. CCDA is easier in some respects; but know your product line and methodology.

Don't do braindumps, this one is easy. Boson CCDA Test #3 was a big help to me in terms of focusing my studies.

JTB
Senior Microsoft Consultant
MCSE-NT4+W2K, MCP+I, MCP-W2K, CCNA,
CCDA, CTE, MCIWD, i-Net+, Network+
(CCNP, MCSA/MCSE-2K3 in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back