Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCna 640-407 - or 507, or 607

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lin33

Technical User
Jan 26, 2002
US
Hi!

I know that the new CCNA exam, 640-607 covers the same materials as the 640-507. The only difference is more questions using router sims on the newer exam.

But I'm trying to learn the difference between the 640-407 and 640-507. I have a good old Syngress book which I would like to use, then brush up on the new materials. I have made a comparison of the objectives, but can't find any new material. Does anyone know what the new materials on the 640-507 (or 607) are?

Thanks!

---Lin33

From the 407 test to the 507 test there were only a few differences. In the 507 test, there were more switching questions about configuration commands. In the 407, it was a few questions on theory and concept. Also, the 507 test had a bit more WAN questions then the 407 test.
HTH,
Tara

Thanks, Tara. Looks like it won't hurt to read the Syngress book, then. I heard it was a very good book in its time, and I already own it!

--Lin33

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back