Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCMS(CC6) and LicenseManager "Starting State"

Status
Not open for further replies.

iso28

Technical User
Aug 13, 2007
DE
Hi

I am encoutering a problem with CC6 and LM:

The following two scenarios were observed:

1- We are migrating the Call Center from SCCS5 to a co-resident CC6( CCMS, License manager CCM and server utility). We have a brand new server for this operation. We install CCMS_SU_03, CCMS_SUS_0301, CCMS_SUS_0302, CCMS_SUS_0303, CCMS_SUS_0304). When we expand the database on the server with SU03 we have no problems and the CC License Manager service will start automatically.

2- After migrating from SCCS5 to a co-resident CC6( CCMS, License manager (SU04), CCMA(SU04) and server utility(SU04)) on a new server and installing latest CCMS-SUs (CCMS_6.0_SU_04, CCMS_6.0_SUS_0401) the server works fine. When we use Nortel database expansion utility to expand databases sizes and reboot the CC6 server, the CC License Manager service is always stuck in a “starting” state;

If you access Nortel Contact Center -> License Manager -> Configuration you will see that no license manager is active however whenever you click on 'OK' it will says 'failed to stop service' ; 'failed to start service' and if you go and check windows services you will see that the LM serice is always in a “starting” state.

Using CCMS SU04, SUS04_01, we tried different database expansion partition sizes but we always get the same problem. Every time after doing database expansion and rebooting the CC6 server, the CC License Manager service is always in a “starting” state;

any ideas?

B.Regards

Hi,

I am having the same issue after an co-res install of CCMS, LM, SU and CCMA, after reboot I am getting LM service and CCMS Control Service staying at "Starting".

Have you tried LM_6.0_SU04, this is just out.

Please let us know how you get on.

PS : I will be looking at my issue today, I will post any further developments.

Hi,

Apparently there is a Nortel DP (Designer Patch) to resolve this issue. Please log case with Nortel, if you haven't already, and they will email you DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back