Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCME Configuration 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemixeD

Programmer
Sep 14, 2009
Hi

I'm very new to Cisco and need to do some research on the configuration tools available for the CCME (extensions, trunks etc).

I came across the 'Quick Configuration Tool' which is apparently the GUI used to configure the CCME. But upon further investigation the QCT always seems to refer to the Unity Express.

Could someone please explain the difference between the Cisco Call Manager Express and and the Cisco Unity Express?

Also if the QCT is the correct tool, from which version of CCME is the tool available.

While I'm on the subject, what is the name of the GUI tool available for configuring the Cisco Unified Callmanager(not express). Is there more than one configuration tool (web, telnet, API's?)

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rgds
Stephen

CME is the side that the phones run on (phone configuration, processing, ect)

CUE is the side that the Voicemail is ran on.

NOW that being said, you can configure the CME side through the CUE web gui...

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Hi,

As DallasBPF said,

CME runs the phones, fxs and fxo ports and is usually initially configured via the CLI on the router, the router requires a voice enabled IOS.

CUE runs the voicemail, is initially configured from the CLI and is a hardware plugin on either a NM or AIM module.

The QCT provides a web GUI with a wizard to walk through the configuration of CME and CUE. I've seen it but not really used it, as the CCNA-V course is all from the CLI. I think the latest QCT version is v3.0x and will run up to at least CME v4.1, it will probably support after that but don't know for certain as I only have access to v4.1 in the home lab.

Both CME and CUE have a shared GUI, if installed to flash, that allows you to do day-to-day admin.

As for CallManager, either the windows or linux version, all configuration is via a web browser.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back