Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCM4.1(3) Installation, where to find shutdown.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

k7z

Technical User
Jul 31, 2006
US
Hi all

I am trying to install ccm4.1 to a PC(actually its a DL380). Followed all the steps after installed win-OS-2000-2-7. I cant find the shutdown.exe file. for that matter, I cant even find the c:\programe files\cisco\ directory.

There is no 2000.2.7srX CD in my ccm4.1 package.

I tried copyed a shutdown.exe file from a xp home pc. It doesnt do the trick. The machine will not shutdown when the file is called.

Please help
Kevin

The service release package 2000.2.7srX is separate. I'm not certain if you need to have it to complete the installation of CCM4.1.
I remember having to copy manually shutdown.exe to c:\utils, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for reply
But my problem is that there is no c:\program files\cisco\.. directory after I installed the OS2000-2-7 upgrade. And I searched the whole C; drive could not find the file "shutdown.exe"

I watched the installation procedure. There was a c:\MCSOSupgrade directory during the first 2 reboots. There were some shutdown* file in that directory, but not the .exe file. And that directory was removed right after the 3rd reboot.

I did following:
win2k advanced server, added DHCP, net monitor, terminal
video driver upgrade
sp4 upgrade
IE6sp1
The register hack
OS 2000.2.7 upgrade, it went through reboots.

Can someone tell me what I was missing, please!!!

Do I need to configure all or any of the services before install the OS2000.2.7 upgrade?

TIA
Kevin

Your problem lies with installing SP4 from MS. Let the Cisco upgrade install Cisco's version of SP4. Whether or not this happens depends upon the OS version you specify in your registry entry. Read through Cisco's site concerning the ReadMe files for each OS upgrade patch. It will specify whether or not SP4 will be installed. I have never had a CCM lab install work when I installed SP4 from Microsoft.

Cheers,
Bill

Bill, are you saying that SP4 is inside win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-7.exe ?
What do you advise me to do ?
Prepare Windows 2000 with reg key and then install OS UPGRADE from CISCO with out doing MS updates ?

Sorry npinto - it's been a while since I've been online. If this is still relevant for you read on....

Yes, only install a base Windows 2000 install (or sp3 at the most if you can't find an original 2000 Server disc), do the reg keys, then use the OS UPGRADE as you mentioned. Works like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back