Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCM and VWM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billz66

Technical User
Feb 21, 2010
AU
I have a demo system in our office 5.8 Fixpack7 also running IQ

Server 2003 - Both CCM and IQ on same Server MCD 5.0 PR1

I want to bring this up to version 6 and VWM.

I have succesfully run the 6.0 upgrade and my CCM is functioning .
The IQ to VWM wizard fails and just dissapears from the screen.

I am struggling to find any documentation regarding the conversion of IQ to VWM.
Has anyone out there done it ?

I found some bugs on the pf website relating to a missing dll file and I have copied the file into the appropriate folder.

I did also see mention of 6.0 Fizpack1 fixing a VWM problem.

Can i install fixpack 1 before doing the IQ conversion ?

there is no upgrade path from IQ to VWM. If you want to have VWM, then all configuration will have to be from scratch.

There is no 'I' in 'Team'

I realise that I cannot get my call flows upgraded , but I dont see any VWM related fields in YSE ?

Should I have uninstalled the old IQ completely from the server?

Are you licensed for VWM, you need to contact pf to get your IQ licenses migrated to IVR routing on the ccm server before the vwm options will appear?

Once you are licensed you will need to run the installation wizard again.

Thanks , I did ask them to convert our version 5.8 to version 6.0.

I will ask again whether there is additional license changes required at their end.

Thanks EngVoip

I contacted Pf again and they had converted the CCM to Version 6.0 but not the IQ to IVR.

They did it and now its working ...
Are there any decent manuals on VWM ?

I have seen very little in terms of documentation, although I have played about with it for a while now.

Are there any differences in the way the ports need to be configured on the Mitel ?

I want to setup some rad ports , they used to be configured in a RAD hunt group and the ports were App server ports.

Is there any mechanism to start stop these ports in VWM.
It looks like they are not registered ( no mac address in the Mitel)

After a bit of trial and error I found my vwm ports registered when set up as 5020 IP sets with the service level set as "trusted" rather than "full" which was important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back