Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCM 6.0 on a HP DL320 G5p

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonetech1

Technical User
Jan 31, 2005
US
Hi Folks,
I've decided to use Cisco Software only option for our new install and ordered their Rel. 6 software.
We have here a brand new HP DL320 G5p server that meets Cisco requirements.

Now I am having problem installing it. It looks like that none of the HP Linux drivers work with this HP embedded sata raid which is an Intel 82801gr controller. I've checked the Cisco website and they also mention their MCS servers using this controller.

Does anyone know what kind of driver is needed to get the setup going?

Thanks

A few months ago, I asked Cisco which models of the HP Proliant DL320-G5 are supported, and got the answer:

418044-001 DL320 G5 X3050 / 1GB / 80GB SATA

as found on the
and not the newer G5 model(s), for example:

418046-001 DL320R05 X/3060-1 1 GB DC 2,4 GHZ 4MB/1066 FSB/160GB SATA
or
445433-001 DL320G5p X/3075-1 1GB (1 DC 2.66 Ghz (4MB cache) 1333 MHz FSB / 1GB / SATA

As far as I understand you'll have to use the X3050 version. HP changes these models/versions almost every week so it seems... ;-( and among others Cisco cannot keep up with these new releases.

Think about this when you'll have to swap/replace your platform in case of (hardware) failure. In my opinion, the DL380 platform doesn't change that much compared to the DL320 platform. Sure, more expensive (in the beginning), but...

Regards,
Eric

Eric, thanks the info.
In the mean time I was able to dig up two OS and hardware support matrixes:

It looks like that it all comes down to HP servers and the OSes that you can run on them.
My servers will support RHEL 4 update 5 or Win 2003 server.
If you leave out the question of Cisco TAC support it looks like I will be able to use these servers for let say IPCC 5 which uses Win server 2003 OS. I don't know what version of RedHat CCM 5 and up uses, but it looks like that they below RHEL 4 update 5.

I've also was able to install Win XP and Fedora Core 9 on these servers but unfortunately none of these OS have drivers for HP NIC cards.

Yury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back