Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCM 4.2 can receive calls but not make calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWANdude

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2008
FR
Here goes...

I run a CCM 4.2 which has been up and running now for about 2 years. All we have ever done is add and delete phones. One day ago we ran into an issue where we could receive calls from outside our CCM, but not make any call outside of it. When we try to dial out all we get is a busy signal. Nothing has been changed on our CCM. It just stopped allowing us to make calls. We have one inter cluster trunk we use that routes to another CCM that allows us to call outside our area. For example, say we run a call manager for all phones with the prefix 5954. We were able to make calls outside that 5954 prefix to 5950, 5951, 5952, 5953...etc. We are unable to call any of those numbers anymore and all we get is a busy signal. We can receive calls from any of those other networks. We are only able to make calls within our 5954 area. The phones connected to my 5954 area are all registered and are having no problems calling within our 5954 area. Everything seems to be routing properly. I can ping and do traceroutes to the IPs of the phones outside our 5954 area no problem, but I am still unable to call those phones. The problem just started happening by itself and the guys that run the other CCM in which our intercluster trunk connects to said they have not changed a thing.

Anyone have any ideas?

I am new to this but is it possible that the region config of device pool has changed specifying a different codec for the phones withing in the device pool to use when calling phones in another region and the gateway is not configured to support the codec specified in region configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back