Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCIS bug between 2400 ICS and 2000 IPS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave4telecom

Technical User
Mar 29, 2003
US
I have set up a CCIS link between a NEAX 2400 ICS and a NEAX 2000 IPS. I can call from the 2400 to the 2000 but can not call from the 2000 to the 2400. When I try to call from 2000 to 2400 the call is instantly dropped (with fast busy tone) but there is no indication on the Dterm display of the call being restricted. Also while monitoring the CCIS Trunk with DCONX on the 2400 I do see the trunk get seized for an instant before the call is dropped. It appears that there is some restriction on the 2400 end that causes the call to drop rather than an LCR issue on the 2000 end since the 2400 does see the trunk get seized. However I checked the RSC set for the CCIS trunk route and it is not restricted for incoming calls.

I am looking for any ideas of what I have missed in the setup that might cause the calls coming into the 2400 to be restricted.

I have no PBX experience but would recieved digits programming be helpfull?
Good luck : )
spoclogo2.jpg

This issue is now resolved thanks to the above tip. The Route number used for the CCIS trunks in the 2400 had been previously been used as a DID route and had a digit insertion programmed to match the DID incoming digits to my numbering plan, and so was still inserting a digit on the incoming CCIS calls so that they were invalid. I removed the inserted digit and now it works. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back