Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCIP certified [ after thoughts and prep tips]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musthi

Technical User
Oct 8, 2004
ZA
Hi
well it took me 4 months but i have finished my CCIP certification . Some quick tips for preparing for the 4 exams .

BSCI :
Lots of summarization , so know ur binary
EIGRP troubleshooting , including load balacing
OSPF design and implementation [ Stubs , NSSA's ]
OSPF LSA's , types etc
BGP route selection and attribs

QOS :
Know class maps , policy maps and servicepolicies inside out.
DSCP allocations to CS
Link effiency mechanisms like LFI are tested
All queuing mechanisms

MPLS :
Don't think there was anything left out here . Know ur cisco course material from cover to cover

BGP :
same applies here
Lots of policy based routing stuff , so know ur local pref , med , weight and confed stuff well

Customer to SP connectivty requirement where tested in length including sinlge and multihomed requirements

BGP default values [ keepalives , hold times , suppress limts ,reuse etc ]

Brush up on route summarization and sub/super netting for aggregation as they ask to work stuff out

Sims are very time consuming so remember to watch the clock closely

Congrats on your CCIP certification, perhaps you can help me with this problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------
BGP Help Please !!!
Does anyone out there know how to help me with the following scenario ?

Consider this... 2 adjacent routers (lets say R1 & R2) peered via loopbacks are within an (AS) consisting of 5 other BGP speaking routers, You are asked the following.

1)Set up an ospf peering between the connecting serial interfaces, and place a newly created loopback on R1 into OSPF also.

2)Have this new loopback advertised into the entire BGP AS so that all of the other BGP speakers have both the OSPF peered address range, and the new loopback on R1 int their BGP tables, without the use of the "network" statement or by "redistribution" ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back