Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

(CCIM) failed to install client component "Remote Control" -

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalberti

Programmer
Nov 14, 2000
IT
Does anybody know why SMS fails and how to recover from this situation?

Thanks in advance,

Luca

----------------------------------------------------------SMS Client Component Installation Manager (CCIM) failed to install client component "Remote Control" 2.00.1493.2001 on this computer.

Solution: Verify that the client currently has a reliable connection with its assigned client access point (CAP). If the problem persists, refer to your SMS documentation or the Microsoft Knowledge Base for further troubleshooting information.

A client will have a message such as what you describe when the client thinks it's supposed to have a component but can't load it properly. Knowing what to install is easy for the client: it's just a text file copied down. Installing it is another matter, and Remote Control is often the most problematic.

Did you verify that the client has a reliable connection with its CAP? Is this the only client with the problem or are there many? Were all the other necessary components successfully installed?

Also look to the local machine SMS log files... c:\winnt\ms\sms\logs

Check these log files for the work ERROR. If you find error, you may gain more information after as to what has caused the error.

Also, verify that no other remote control software has been loaded on this machine...like LANDESK.

Also, if this is an NT machine, make sure that the AMIN$ share is available.

-hope this helps. Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out

I also have this problem, my CAP connection is good, I have uninstalled and reinstalled. My only kicker is that SMS 1.2 was on these machines and I think it is seeing entries of 1.2 and not finishing the install (it tells me that in the logs on the desktops) Does anyone have any kind of script to completly uninstall SMS 1.2, the normal uninstall leaves extra stuff in the registry as well as other files left under the c drive. I have removed ecrything I can find by hand but something is still there. Any scripts or help will be appreciated!

Shawn Pullen

Pullenshawn...check I don't know for sure but I would imagine that they have a batch file to do this...

hpoe this helps. Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out

I have been at swynk alot but can't find anything to do waht I need? I have a ipf file called smsnukeNT but I can't get it to work correctly? Any ideas are great!!
Shawn

What is the error or problem with the IPF? Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

You should be able to successfully uninstall the entire SMS 1.2 client by deleting the [root]:\MS\SMS directory (be sure to check all partitions), c:\sms.ini and %windir%\smscfg.ini. Might want to run 20clicln.bat to to erase SMS 2.0 also.

If you're still having a problem then more information from the logs, and more description of any unexpected events would be helpful.

dear sir
i want to instal sms in windows advance server how can i
ihave install in my server but not capture the client desktop what was a problem any one can help me please

sms installation -

If I understand your question correctly, all you have to have to do is install SMS on the server. Doing this by itself will not capture any devices. No devices will have the SMS client software installed until site boundaries are added. No devices will be discovered until you make discovery settings.

If you have further questions on your topic, would you be so kind as to start a new thread. Thanks.

- snyderj

I have found that the 20clicln.bat that is on the the SP2 CD in the tools directory will kill just about anything SMS. We have the problem with a lot of PCs with 1.2 and 2.0 on them. This clean seems to wipe everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back