Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCIE Voice Just Passed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
US
I have just pass CCIE Voice Written:

Here are the matrials I have used:

a) Cisco CallManager Fundamentals: A Cisco AVVID Solution (Smith, Alexander, Pearce, Whetten: Cisco Press)
b) Cisco IP Telephony (Lovell: Cisco Press)
c) Cisco Voice over Frame Relay, ATM, and IP (McQuerry, Foy, McGrew: Cisco Press)
d) Deploying Cisco Voice over IP Solutions (Davidson: Cisco Press)
e) Integrating Voice and Data Networks (Keagy: Cisco Press)
f) Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony (Giralt, Hallmark, Smith: Cisco Press)

Online practice test I have used with rating:

a) IPBesting.com ( * * * * * * )
b) Testking.com (* * * * *)
c) Boson (* * * )
d) Hello Computers (* *)

Faz Karim, CCIE

I'm curious.. why two stars for Hello?

MikeS

Find me at
"Take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots."
Sun Tzu

Of course, now I'm very curious since the number one site is just a bunch of empty pages except for the Cisco and none are links to anything.. hmmmmm... makes one wonder how come this site is rated number one?

MikeS

Find me at
"Take advantage of the enemy's unreadiness, make your way by unexpected routes, and attack unguarded spots."
Sun Tzu

congrats

Well, I have used all those test as preparations. Boson and Hello Computers written test are waste of money. None of actual question came from boson or hello computers. You might want to checkout demo version of ipbesting.com. I am not sure, if testking.com has any demo.

In my expereince I would not recommend Testking, I have seen one of the latest revisions for the CCIE R&S drake exam and it's got nearly 30% incorrect answers.....Nice as a guide to what you need to learn, but in the end it's just feeding you answers (wrong ones at that)!

My expereince with Hello Computers on the other hand is excellent, I have the CCIE SP workbook and it's extremely well written and very technical.....Just my opinion of course :)

I know several of the folks that run and make up the materials for Hello Computers and they are very high caliber. I'm surprised to hear you say their material is waste because that has not been my experience.

And given that using actual questions is a violation of the Cisco NDA, why would you expect to see them on practice tests and materials?

MikeS

Find me at
Sun Tzu

congrat.

also, where do you get ebook for these?? Please show me am interested

Number one site is "IPBesting.com"? Interesting how you rate your own site as #1! Good plug anyhow but I don't buy it. I'll stick to the tried and true - Hello, Boson, NLI, etc.

-rommon

[thumbsdown]
Faz Karim, CCIE wrote:

>Online practice test I have used with rating:

a) IPBesting.com ( * * * * * * )
b) Testking.com (* * * * *)
c) Boson (* * * )
d) Hello Computers (* *)

nice plug dude! hehehe

NLI (ccbootcamp.com) is coming out with a ccie voice written book within the next 4-6 months. But in the meantime, we are going to release a CCIE Voice quick and dirty cramsheet within the next 2-4 weeks. It wont go into the depth that our book will go into, but it will present some good material needed for the exam.

Network Learning Inc

Faz,

Does you CCNA have the latest question ?

Lucio

Congratulations Faz!!! Way to go !!!!
How long did it take you to prepare for the CCIE voice test? I am just curious..

Thanks,
Fer

I passed the CCIE Voice written in August. I used the CVoice, CIPT and CIPTT CBT and Boson #2 practice tests. Took about 3 weeks of concentrated study.

I have taken and passed the CCIE voice written test. I would say this test is very much like the sum of the tests which make up the CCVP certification. If you could score 85% or better on that series, then I think you could pass the CCIE voice written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back