Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCIA MetaFrame XP or CCIA Access Suite 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dublin73

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2005
US
I'm contemplating going for my CCIA, as I'd like to eventually break into Citrix design. I've already designed a few Windows NT 4 to 2003 migrations, one being at the enterprise level.

Logic would dictate that I go for my CCIA on MetaFrame XP, as I already have 2 of the requirements, the Citrix 1Y0-222 and the MCSE 2003 exam 298.

Long term , career wise etc., am I better off going for the CCIA on MetaFrame XP or the CCIA for Access Suite 4.0? I've worked with both products and am not clear which cert will be more useful to me in 3 or 4 years time.

Anyone have input on this?

The Metaframe XP will probably be retiring in the next 8 months or so, I'd go for the CCEA in Presentation Server 4.0 then do the CCIA.

I thought I heard the CCIA can not be completely taken at a testing site, like all of the other normal tests for 4.0. No more lab. I could be wrong, but thats what I heard.

Joe / NYC - CCA XP, CCEA 3.0, MCP NT, MCP 2K3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back