Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCDA over CCIE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tres

MIS
Sep 9, 2001
US
What do you guys think of this....
My employeer just created new job titles throughout the dept.

The upper jobs require certian CERT's.....

Minor cert's include:
CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, MCP

Major certs include:
CCDA, CCDP, MCSE

I talked to the boss and they list a CCDA over a CCIE.....
Is this nuts or what...

I have a CCNA and was studying for CCNP, so I stopped and started CCDA.....

What do you think???Scary?

That is crazy, I have to agree. Sometimes employeers just don't understand certifications.

so a MCP is the same as a CCIE? LOL!!! the MCPs are VERY underpaid then ;-)

MIkeS Find me at
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

The CCDA is a much harder exam than the CCNA, but in comparison to CCIE, it is a piece of cake. Maybe your employers are looking for someone with more design expertise than technical?

They clearly don't understand the CERTS and just made this stuff up.

I think maybe the confusion is in the amount of Cisco fluff the employer received and believed... they want someone who can design; but they don't want to pay $100,000+...

Setnaffa is an MCSE-4.0 with a few other certs, too...

sounds like HR Made the list up to me.
The CCDA and CCNA are toy Certs.

"toy certs" hehehe.. good thing you dont work for me.. just because the cert doesnt mean much to you, doesnt mean the person behind the cert is as stupid as you seem to think. You may find yourself unpleasantly surprised in front of people. I normally try to give someone a chance to show me what the cert really stands for. Some are useless.. and some got and really know what is expected of them.

MikeS Find me at
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

Guys,

CCNA - white belt
CCDA - yellow belt
CCNP/DP - green,blue,red,brown belt.
CCIE - black belt
MCSE - handkachief
'nuff said.

JimmyZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor