Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CCDA EXAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogboy7

Technical User
Aug 10, 2002
GB
I am about to start studying for my CCDA and would be grateful if anybody could give me any tips on the exam itself, ie does it contain any interactive questions like the CCNA exam.

Cheers

Dogboy7
CCNA

The current CCDA exam (640-441) is scheduled to be retired in March of 2003. If you are going to do this track, you
will need to get the book "Designing Cisco Networks" by
Cisco Press (ISBN # 1-57870-105-8). I would also
recommend the boson.com CCDA 2.0 exam (they have 3
different ones, just download and pay for one of them).

If you have a CCNA already, it helps quite a bit, but
this is DESIGN as opposed to ROUTING, so there are
some differences

I have taken the 640-441 CCDA exam about 2 months ago, I studied the sybex CCDA book, make sure whatever book you read that you read and study hard. It's not as easy as everyone thinks, the biggest thing is to learn from your reading because when you take the exam it's more of your thoughts and knowledge not just a specific answer, there are not simulations, there are a lot of reading scenarios, make sure you take the time to read the scenario, the question and the scenario again. There are diagrams as well but make sure you read and study and all should be well. YOU CAN DO IT!

I agree, I took the 640-441 last year, and i'd estimate
at least 40% of the questions deal with case studies,
and in the version I took, I recall some questions
dealing with ATM, TR, and SDLC issues, routed and routing
protos, etc. I used the Cisco Press DCN book to prepare
for my exam.

It's no cakewalk, and anyone who assumes it is may be
in for a huge surprise (passing score is still 755).

If you take 641-861 be prepared for alot of VOIP questions, also know what SNMPv3 offers that v 2 and v1 don't. Alot of questions pertaining to the access, distribution & core layers, Enterprise composite model. 58 questions, no fill in the blank but all other types are present on the exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back